I've been dabbling in videos, experimenting with different methods and content since it's clear virtual programming is going to be with us for a while. Since I'm not currently attached to a library, I'm playing around with it on my own. You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know! Each category heading, with the exception of webinars, is a link that will take you to a page with embedded videos. Enjoy!
- Sing-n-Say Videos - This is a series of short (15 minutes or so) videos with songs, rhymes, fingerplays, and picture book suggestions around a theme. These are intended both for children to watch and engage with, and to be a resource for children's librarians, parents, and educators.
- Arts & Crafts Videos - A series of short videos demonstrating relatively simple crafts or artistic techniques for various ages; some will be more appropriate for younger kids, some better for older kids.
- STEM - Short videos demonstrating simple experiments you can do at home with everyday materials, or short informational videos. Intended ages will vary.
- Booktalks & Trailers - These could be for anything from picture books through YA.
- Webinars - I discovered a while back that I enjoy making presentations, so when I was searching for something productive to do during my extended administrative leave during the Covid-19 shutdown and needing a new challenge, I decided to record a few and share them on my blog. I've listed the titles below, which will link to a page with a full description, embedded video, and even a link for a certificate of completion.
Feel free to share, but please link back to this blog, and I would appreciate feedback on any that you watch.
If you have any requests or suggested topics for a webinar, tutorial, or demonstration, please leave a comment!